City of Greensboro Closed July 4 in Observance of Independence Day
Post Date:06/27/2017 2:15 PM
Return to previous page >>
|City of Greensboro offices and facilities are closed on Tuesday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day. The services and facilities below will operate on a holiday schedule.
• No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste or appliance collections take place on Tuesday, July 4. Tuesday’s collections take place Wednesday, July 5. All other collections remain the same.
• The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are both closed on Tuesday, July 4.
• The Greensboro Historical Museum and the Greensboro Public Libraries are both closed on Tuesday, July 4.
• Greensboro Transit Authority will operate hourly service from 6 am to 10 pm on Tuesday, July 4. GTCC will not be served by Route 11 on Tuesday, July 4. Some downtown bus stops will be affected during holiday activities. GTA administrative offices will also be closed on Tuesday, July 4.
• Emergency services are available for water and sewer needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Water customers can call 336-373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
• Community recreation centers, ENERGY at the Park summer playground program, Greensboro Cultural Center, Smith Senior Center, Greensboro Sportsplex, Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion at Barber Park, Lake Brandt, Greensboro Youth Council, Camp Joy, City Beautiful, and Parks and Recreation administrative offices are closed Tuesday, July 4. City swimming pools, spraygrounds, parks, gardens, trails, cemeteries, Lake Higgins, Lake Townsend, and Gillespie Golf Course are open to the public on their regular operating schedules throughout Independence Day. All facilities resume normal operating hours Wednesday, July 5.
# # #