Greensboro boasts a strong economy, with a growing and skilled workforce, a competitive business environment, and easy access to major markets.
The City has a wealth of programs and activities to assist businesses, large and small. Links on the left will take you to information about doing business with the City, funding opportunities, zoning, and permits.
A Sampling of Our Services
- The City's Economic Development and Business Support Office is designed to help businesses do business "with the City, in the City."
- Development Services is the City's one-stop access for all aspects of commercial and residential building plan review and permitting.
- Check out bidding opportunities within the City.
- Stay informed on road and construction projects in the area.
- Watch Greensboro's Economic Growth to learn more about the City's efforts to help businesses of all sizes prosper.
- See the July 2013 presentation by Dan Lynch and the Greensboro Economic Development Alliance, "Greensboro: Transforming the Economy."
Our job is to help Greensboro continue to grow as a great place to live and work. We welcome everyone who wants to invest in the City.
As investors go through the City’s development review process, construction review process and building inspections, disagreements may occur about what the City’s ordinances, regulations or policies require. These processes do include formal appeal procedures to address such situations. However, an Assistant City Manager is always available to hear any concerns you may have. Call 336-373-2002.