The Economic Development & Business Support (EDBS) Division provides support to the entrepreneurial, business, and development communities through a mix of individualized services and programs based on client needs. Review the Resources pages for information most frequently requested by EDBS clients.
Thinking of starting a business?
E-mail staff to schedule an introductory business assessment
Existing business or urban development project?
Contact Reggie Delahanty at (336) 373-4624
Economic development prospect or large development project?
Contact Kathi Dubel at (336) 373-4579
Individualized support services available to Greensboro businesses and economic development clients include:
- Referrals to partner entities that offer specialized assistance and business development services
- Problem resolution
- Service as a liaison between EDBS clients and city departments
- Assessment of eligibility for programs, economic incentives, and select city contracts
- Provide printed and digital educational materials on topics such as "Starting a Business" and "Doing Business With the City"
- Assistance in securing city required licenses and permits
- Counseling on compliance with ordinances and on questions regarding local regulations, policies, and procedures
- Assistance in registering for Greensboro’s e-Procurement System
- Counseling on opportunities to bid on projects and contract with the city
- Assistance in the statewide historically underutilized business (HUB) certification process
Business Support Programs
Property Development Programs
- Urban Development Investment Program
- Downtown Greensboro Facade Improvement Program
- Downtown Greensboro Catalyst Grant Program
- East Greensboro Storefront/Site & Facade Grant Program
- Shovel-Ready Sites Grading Loan Program
- Long-term Vacant Big Box Loan Program