The Economic Development Division of the Planning Department provides support to the entrepreneurial, business, and development communities through a mix of individualized services and programs based on client needs. Review the Resources page for information most frequently requested by clients.
Individualized support services available to Greensboro businesses and economic development clients include:
- Referrals to partner entities that offer specialized assistance and business development services
- Problem resolution
- Service as a liaison between clients and City departments
- Assessment of eligibility for programs, economic incentives, and select City contracts
- Counseling on compliance with ordinances and on questions regarding local regulations, policies, and procedures.
Business Support Programs
Property Development Programs
- Urban Development Investment Program
- Downtown Greensboro Facade Improvement Program
- Downtown Greensboro Catalyst Grant Program
- East Greensboro Curb Appeal Improvement Grant Program
- Shovel-Ready Sites Grading Loan Program
- Long-term Vacant Big Box Loan Program