Fiscal Year 2019-20 Budget
City Council approved the FY 2019-20 budget on June 18, 2019. The budget for all funds is $566.5 million. The fiscal year runs July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
The Budget in Brief summarizes the FY 2019-20 budget and provides highlights of City programs and expenses.
About the DepartmentBudget and Evaluation leads and serves City government in making informed decisions in resource allocation, program evaluation, long-range financial and management planning, and budget preparation. Specific department responsibilities include:
- Preparing the City's annual budget document.
- Preparing the Capital Improvements Program (CIP).
- Facilitating the Participatory Budgeting process.
- Serving as consultants for organizational productivity efforts and management studies.
- Compiling and maintaining the list of External User Fees.
- Participating with the UNC School of Government's Benchmark Project.
- A snapshot of the city's FY 2018-19 budget can be found in the Budget in Brief report.