Fiscal Year 2019-20 Budget
City Council approved the FY 2019-20 budget on June 18, 2019. The budget for all funds is $566.5 million. The fiscal year runs July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
About the DepartmentBudget and Evaluation leads and serves City government in making informed decisions in resource allocation, program evaluation, long-range financial and management planning, and budget preparation. Specific department responsibilities include:
- Preparing the City's annual budget document.
- Preparing the Capital Improvements Program (CIP).
- Facilitating the Community Partners Funding process.
- Facilitating the Participatory Budgeting process.
- Serving as consultants for organizational productivity efforts and management studies.
- Compiling and maintaining the list of User Fees.
- Participating with the UNC School of Government's Benchmark Project.
- A snapshot of the city's FY 2018-19 budget can be found in the Budget in Brief report.
Department Contact Information
Melvin Municipal Office Building
300 W. Washington Street
Greensboro, NC 27402-3136
- Tiffany Jones, Budget and Management Analyst
- Karen Markovics Kixmiller, Budget and Management Analyst
- Jason Martin, Budget and Management Analyst
- Tracy Nash, Budget and Management Analyst
For more information about the Budget and Evaluation Department or the budget process, please send a request for information.