Balancing Act – Greensboro’s Online Budget Simulator
When using the simulator, remember that:
- Each click adds or subtracts one percent of the overall category. For example, if police had a budget of $50 million, one click would add or subtract $500,000 from the overall police budget.
- The goal is to get as close to balanced without leaving any deficit. Since each click is one percent of the service budget, getting to $0 may be hard. However, a small surplus is fine.
More About Balancing Act
Do you know how the City’s budget works or where the money comes from? Do you want to provide feedback on how you think the City should be spending your tax dollars?
- The Balancing Act budget simulation tool allows you to adjust budgets for various City departments to align resources with the services that matter most to you.
- The key is that you have to balance the City’s revenues and expenses in the same way the City has to balance the budget each year before budget adoption.
- City budget staff will be available to meet with residents at various community and neighborhood meetings to share this simulation tool and explain how it works.
Request A Budget Simulator Presentation
Neighborhood groups or other organizations that want to have a city employee come and explain how to use the budget simulator should contact budget analyst Jon Decker at 336-373-4181.
Thank you for your input in the budget process and for sharing your views on how the City budgets for services provided to you.