Contact Center

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Get directions to any City facility
Call us at 336-373-CITY (2489).
Calls to this number may be recorded for quality purposes.
E-mail us.

Chat with us live

How We Can Help? 

The City's Contact Center makes it fast and easy for you to find answers to your questions and help with concerns about City services. One call to 336-373-CITY (2489) and you are connected to a City Services Representative who can provide you with the information you need. 

What happens when you call?
Contact Center
New Hours: Mondays through Fridays, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm (effective June 1, 2020).

Call anytime, or use the live chat feature. Just click on the Live Support icon above or on the home page of this website. When calling after hours, you may leave a message and a City Services Representative (CSR) will handle your request the next business day. 

Request a City service by sending us an e-mail.

Hablamos español

Top Five Reasons to Call 373-CITY

  • Real people ~ Every call is answered by a friendly, knowledgeable person.
  • Flexibility - You may call, walk in, e-mail, or chat online with a staff person.
  • Answers - Callers get help right away, often with no transfer necessary.
  • Experience - The Contact Center has answered more than one million calls.
  • It's Easy - 336-373-CITY is easy to remember and even easier to use.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I sign up for water service, and where can I pay my bill?

You can sign up for water service at the Kitchen Operations Center, 2602 S. Elm-Eugene St. You can also make payments there and at the Melvin Municipal Office Building at 300 W. Washington St.

Where is the transfer station? What items should I take there?

The transfer station is located at 6310 Burnt Poplar Rd. You may dispose of your own trash and bulk items at the transfer station. The City still picks up trash curbside for Greensboro residents, and the landfill (2503 White St.) still accepts yard waste.

Can you pick up a large item for me at my home, such as furniture or mattresses?

As long as you receive City curbside trash service, yes, we can get those items for you. Items are generally limited to those that weigh less than 100 pounds and are not larger than five feet in any direction. For questions about specific items, call 336-373-CITY (2489).

I saw a sign knocked down / faded / twisted. How can I get that repaired?

Just give us a call, and we'll take it from there. Let us know where the sign is located, and what kind of sign it was (if possible). We'll put in a work order, and our transportation department will handle the request.

I saw a traffic signal with a burned-out light. Who fixes those?

The Transportation Department fixes these once they are reported. Call us with the location of the signal, what type of problem you noticed, and we'll send the work order to have it repaired.

You can also call 336-373-CITY for:

  • Solid waste concerns, such as appliance pick-up or a missed collection
  • Questions about parks or recreation in Greensboro
  • A list of recyclable items
  • Concerns about streets, such as potholes
  • Questions about your water account.

How Can We Better Serve You?

Please call us at 336-373-CITY (2489) with your suggestions and comments, or send us an e-mail.

Please note: Call volumes vary, and occasionally, you may have to wait a bit for us to answer. Your call will be answered most quickly early in the day or after 2 pm. Mondays are traditionally busy days; if it is convenient for you, you may want to call us on another weekday for faster service.