Type of Reviews Available:
- Standard Commercial Plan Review
- Expedited Commercial Plan Review
- Preliminary / Courtesy Commercial Review
- Commercial Plan Submittal Requirements
- Forms, Fees & Schedules
- Applicable North Carolina Building Codes
- Technical Review Committee (Planning Department)
- Site Plans
- Electronic Plan Tracking System
- Technical Review Committee Agendas
Commercial Plan Review
Commercial Plan Review includes construction not associated with one- and two-family dwellings and townhomes. Commercial Plan Review does include multi-family construction such as apartments and condos. The commercial review includes plumbing, mechanical, electrical and fire reviews. Submit two copies (three copies if property is in a flood plain) of the commercial plans / documents to the Commercial Plan Coordinator in the Engineering and Inspections Department front office. The documentation will be checked for completeness and review status by a Plans Examiner, also know as the Gatekeeper.
Building Permit Fees, based on general construction cost (without mechanical, electrical, and plumbing cost), will be collected upon submittal of the application. Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing permit fees are paid separately by the licensed contractors who obtain those permits.
Plan Review Section
Greensboro Engineering and Inspections Department
Meet your Plan Review Staff
300 W. Washington St.
Greensboro, NC 27401
Address: 300 W. Washington St., Greensboro, NC 27401
View Larger Map