The Field Operations Department's annual Loose Leaf Collection Program will have two rounds of leaf collection as follows:
- Leaves that are at the curb by November 12 will be removed by December 23.
- Leaves that are at the curb by December 27 will be removed by January 25, 2020.
Check this interactive map to find out where your neighborhood is on the pick-up schedule.
Loose Leaf Tips
- Rake leaves to the edge of your yard behind the curb -- not in the street or on the sidewalk.
- Remove sticks, rocks, and other debris that may damage City equipment.
- Do not park vehicles on, in front of, or near leaves.
- Residents may also use the City’s year-round yard waste program to dispose of leaves. To do so, place leaves in clear plastic bags or in a plastic or metal garbage can and set them at the curb on your regular trash collection day.
More than 13,950 tons of leaves were collected by the city in 2018 and made into compost to fertilize City gardens and landscaped areas. The leaf collection program also keeps leaves from blocking storm drains and prevents decaying leaves from polluting our lakes and streams.
Compost for Sale
You may purchase the compost at the White Street Landfill, 2503 White Street., or by calling 336-373-CITY (2489).