The Field Operations Department's annual Loose Leaf Collection Program kicks off Tuesday, November 13.
- The first round of collection is from November 13 to December 22.
- The second round of collection is from December 27 to January 25.
Find out where your neighborhood is on the pick-up schedule by using this interactive map.
The leaf collection program helps keep leaves from blocking storm drains and prevents decaying leaves from polluting our lakes and streams. The collected leaves are made into compost to fertilize City gardens and landscaped areas.
Compost for Sale
You may purchase the compost at the White Street Landfill, 2503 White Street., or by calling 336-373-CITY (2489).
How to Participate
It’s easy to use the Leaf Collection Program. Follow these tips:
- Rake leaves to the edge of your yard behind the curb -- not in the street or on the sidewalk.
- Remove sticks, rocks, and other debris that may damage City equipment.
- Do not park vehicles on, in front of, or near leaves.
Do you prefer to use the City’s year-round yard waste program? Simply put your leaves in clear plastic bags or in a plastic or metal garbage can, and set them at the curb on your regular trash collection day.
The leaf collection schedule may change due to inclement weather. The program does not service private streets.
During the 2017-18 program more than 11,000 tons of leaves were collected.