Trash collection in the downtown Greensboro area, also known as the central business district (CBD), takes place Monday through Sunday. View downtown trash collection information.
Downtown Trash Collection Guidelines
- Trash collection occurs Monday through Sunday.
- Trash should be placed in sealed garbage bags or 32-gallon trash cans.
- Cans/bags should be out for collection by 5 am.
- Each container should weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Appointments are required for the collection of yard waste and bulk trash (large items like file cabinets). Appointments may be scheduled by calling 336-373-CITY (2489).
- Large waste generators, such as restaurants, may be required to use dumpsters. Dumpster service is available from the City for a fee.
- Recycling should be placed in the City's official green bags. For more information or to request a supply of bags, call 336-373-CITY (2489).