Read the following important related documents today:
How to Get Started on Your Filing Submission
- Go to E-Plan and click on Register Now. You will be on the E-Plan Tier Two Reporting System page.
- Fill in the information (select your own password) and Submit. You will be sent an Access ID Number. The Access ID Number and password will protect your submission against unauthorized access. Use this number when requested by the program and be sure to reference it if you have any difficulties and need to send a note to E-Plan on the Contact Us Form.
- Follow remaining submission information.
- For those needing assistance, the program also includes online tutorials. Scroll to the bottom where you see Select a Tour you may need such as: Select Create a New Submission; Select Add a Facility; or Import Tier Two Submit Zip Files.
- At the conclusion of the training, go back to the E-Plan Tier Two Reporting System page.
- Go back to Select a Tour and select each remaining topic pertaining to you.
Making Data Available to Emergency Responders - Important
The E-Plan's Online Tier II Reporting System will not allow you to submit your Tier II data until the Submission Validation Report indicates all required fields are correct. You must then press Upload Data to E-Plan to submit. That action will result in the production of the Submission Receipt and e-mail verification to you from E-Plan. It is that receipt and e-mail that should be forwarded to Greensboro Emergency Management Team.
A sample of the receipt you will receive and will want to send is shown below:
Subject: E-Plan's Online Tier2 Data Submission Receipt
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.
Your Tier II data was successfully processed by the E-Plan's Online Tier II Reporting System at The University of Texas at Dallas as shown in the attached E-Plan's Online Tier2 Data Submission Report.
If you need assistance, please contact the E-Plan Admin Team via the "Contact Us" function.
E-Plan Admin Team
Return E-Plan Users
How to Copy Data from One Year to Another
- Go to E-Plan.
- Select the old year under the first drop down box. Then, select the new year under the second drop down box and click on Continue. The data will now be copied and the new year will appear under the list of currently filed years.
- Delete the old data following the steps in How to Delete a Facility Record.
Editing Facility, Contact and Chemical Information
Facility, contact, and chemical information entered into the E-Plan’s Online Tier Two Reporting System database has an Edit link under its respective name. Clicking on the Edit link will display the entered details pre-populated. After making required changes, press the appropriate Save and Continue buttons to submit the changes. Note: There is no limit on the number of facilities, contacts, or chemicals you can add.
How to Import Tier Two Submit Zip File
Once the Tier2 Submit's zip file is created, it can be imported into the E-Plan's Online Tier II Reporting System by uploading the file through the Web interface. The functionality to perform this operation (i.e. Upload .zip file) is present under the Submission home screen upon logging into the E-Plan's Online Tier II Reporting System.How to Log into the E-Plan's Online Tier II Reporting System Using Your Access ID and Password
- On the Submission home page, go to the Import Tier2 or CAMEO .zip file box and click on Continue. The Import Tier II Zip File page will appear.
- Click on Browse and choose the appropriate zip file on your computer that you want to upload.
- Click on the Upload button to load the selected zip file. The Importing Uploaded File screen will appear. Wait while the uploaded file is processed; it may take several minutes depending on the size of the uploaded file.
- Once the process is completed, the File Successfully Uploaded screen will appear. You can verify the result and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Continue to save.
- Select the Submission home link, go to the Enter new Data / Retrieve Old Data box and select Select a Year to File / Retrieve Tier II Data.
- Click on Continue. The Filing Management page will appear. At the bottom of the Filing page, click on Validate Record. The Submission Validation Report for your submission will appear.
Uploading Documents (i.e. Contingency Plans or Site Plans)
- Click on Edit Facility beside the facility and click on Documents.
- Click on Browse and choose the file on your computer that you want to upload. Fill in a Description for the file (such as Contingency Plan).
- Click to Upload the selected file.
This procedure is for uploading documents for a facility in general. If you want to upload a document under a particular contact or chemical, use the Edit link and the Documents tab.
There is no difference between uploading a document under a facility or a chemical or a contact, at least from a first responder's perspective. When a first responder looks at Facility information on E-Plan, all the documents under facility, chemical, and contact appear as a single menu.
Note: The Facility Documents are accessed by the responders as additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I have comments or questions? Who should I contact?
If you need to contact E-Plan for help, the best way is to use the Contact Us link on any E-Plan website page. This will take you to a new window where you can enter your contact information and questions, suggestions, or comments. If you are asking a question, please do not forget to enter your Access ID. Once you submit your request, an e-mail is sent to the E-Plan Administrative Team, which will review your request and contact you if needed. Your suggestions / comments are greatly appreciated.
How is E-Plan’s Online Tier Two Reporting System different from EPA’s Tier Two Submit Software?
The E-Plan’s Online Tier II Reporting System is very similar to the Tier2 Submit Software developed by EPA. However, the advantage of E-Plan’s Online Tier II Reporting System is that you do not have to install any software on your machine to submit your data. With no software, there are no software updates required every year. Also, E-Plan’s Online Tier Two Reporting System allows you to retrieve your submission anywhere, from any computer, with the security of an Access ID and password that is known only to you.
How secure is the submission process?
The submission database, which receives submissions and requests from the Internet, is a secure server that encrypts all data entered by you. The information stored on the server is also secure and has no connections to the Internet. The submission itself is protected against unauthorized access by means of a password created by you and a seven-digit Access ID. Do not share your Access ID and password.
What type of values can I enter in the information fields for facility, contact, and chemical information?
For most fields, any string made up of alphanumeric characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9) and special characters (/ and %) are acceptable values. For example, facility name can be made up of alphanumeric characters and special characters. However, in fields such as quantities, only numeric characters are acceptable. Do not use commas or the percentage sign.
What if I forget my Access ID or password?
You can get the Access ID(s) under your account by clicking on the Forgot Access ID link on the E-Plan's Online Tier Two Reporting System log in page. Once you get the Access ID(s) in an e-mail, you can request for the password associated with it by clicking on the Forgot Password link.
Can a zip file made from CAMEO be loaded into E-Plan?
Yes, you can upload a Tier2 or CAMEO .zip file into E-Plan. On the Submission home page, go to the Import Tier2 or CAMEO .zip file box and click on the Continue button. The Import Tier II Zip File screen will appear. Click on Browse and choose the file on your computer that you want to upload. Select the Upload button to load the selected file.
Do I need to pay anything to use the E-Plan’s Online Tier Two Reporting System?
No, you do not have to pay any fees to use the system.