Melvin Municipal Office Building (City Hall) is temporarily closed to the public due to COVID-19 concerns.

Exception: Water bill payments and new service requests can be made at City Hall from 10 am to 3 pm weekdays.

Questions? Call 336-373-CITY (2489).


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

DogPets are often full-fledged family members, and any family emergency plan must include them to be truly complete. Many emergency shelters will not permit animals (with the exception of registered service animals), so it is especially important that you have a plan for your pets in case of an evacuation.


  • Make sure your pets all have licenses and ID tags. For more information, call Guilford County Animal Control at 336-641-5990.
  • Ask local shelters and animal clinics if they provide emergency foster care. Visit the Guilford County Animal Shelter online.
  • Arrange with neighbors to care for your pets if an emergency occurs while you are away from your home and cannot return.
  • Know your pets' hiding places so you can find them easily if you need to evacuate.
  • Transport pets in carriers or on leashes during an emergency; this makes them feel more secure. 
  • Additions to the Emergency Kit and Go Bag:
    • A recent photo of your pets in case they get lost
    • Sturdy leashes and/or carriers 
    • Pet food, water, and bowls
    • Cat litter and box
    • Pet toys
    • Contact information for a veterinarian
    • Medical information and records
    • Any necessary medication
    • Plastic bags for clean-up