Below are some helpful tips that can help you through the City employment process. <<BackSources of Information on City Job Vacancies
- Human Resources Department: 336-373-2020
- TTY (for hearing impaired): 336-333-6930
- GTN (government cable channel)
- City Employment website: Job Board
State law prohibits local governments from employing males between the ages of 18 and 25 who have not complied with Selective Service regulations.
As a condition of employment, all persons selected for employment must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. All persons selected for part-time and full-time employment must successfully complete a pre-employment physical examination, drug screening, and clearance on a background check before employment.
Employment Applications: Important Information
- Applications are accepted only for current vacant positions.
- The City requires a separate application for each vacant position.
- Applications must be completed in full, including attached supplements and transcripts when requested. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
- Resumes, transcripts, letters of reference, and other information submitted with the employment application becomes property of the City of Greensboro.
- Incomplete applications or those received after the closing date will not be processed.
- Applications must be received by the City’s Employment Office before the closing date of the announcement.
- Employment Office hours are Mondays through Fridays, 8 am to 5 pm, except holidays.
How to Apply
- All applications are now online at iApplyGreensboro. Click now to login or create a new account today!
- Requested on a voluntary basis
- Not required for employment
- Filed separately and confidentially from the Employment Application
- Not provided to hiring officials
To check the status of your application, log back into your iApplyGreensboro account and then click on your user name in the upper left corner of your screen. Then click applications. Any updates made to the file will be listed. If you need additional assistance, please call 336-373-2020.Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Greensboro! <<Back