Thank you for your interest in an internship with the City of Greensboro. Diverse internship opportunities provide students and recent graduates valuable hands-on experiences that parallel their academic studies.
The Summer Fellows Program helps students gain industry experience through a local, paid internship with Greensboro leadership. These interns receive world-class leadership training through the Leonard Kaplan Leadership Institute at the Center for Creative Leadership.
For general internships with the City, individuals must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or have graduated in the past two years from a college, community college, university, or vocational/technical school.
To apply for an internship, send the following to the City of Greensboro's Human Resources Department (see submission information below):
- An updated copy of your resume
- A formal interest letter that includes:
- Educational background
- The City department/division of choice
- Current educational program the internship would be for (graduate, undergraduate, or recent graduate)
- Requirements from the university/college for supervision (please attach university form(s) if applicable)
- A time-line for the internship with a beginning and end date.
Submitting Application Materials
Submit your materials using one of these three ways:
E-mail: E-mail your application packet or information as Microsoft Word Document or PDF attachment to CityEmployment@greensboro-nc.gov with the subject "Internship Program."
Fax: Fax your application packet or information to 336-373-2511. Attn: Internship Program.
City of Greensboro
Human Resources Department - Internship Program
300 W. Washington St.
Greensboro, NC 27402
Thank you for your interest in the City of Greensboro's internship opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Call 336-373-2020 for any questions.