- Homeownership in Greensboro does not have to be a ‘dream’; it is achievable. Do you need help moving through the process of searching for a home, finding the right financing, and closing on the home? The City’s Homebuyers’ Fair on June 27 will give you the referrals and information to guide you. Join us!
- Stay up-to-date on Neighborhood Development news by reading our quarterly newsletters, "Our Neighborhood."
- To better promote and explain our home initiatives, we have remodeled our offerings under the umbrella of “Housing Connect GSO.”
- Check out the new changes to our homebuyer down payment and closing cost assistance program and see if you qualify.
- Affordable housing public input and study results are available as part of the "Housing our Community" project.
The City’s Neighborhood Development Department oversees enforcement of minimum housing standards and other code compliance issues such as nuisance abatement and zoning.
The department offers programs for the creation of new affordable housing units, preserves the quality of the City’s existing housing stock through grants and loans for housing rehabilitation, addresses homelessness issues, and manages multiple federal grant programs.
Learn more about the Neighborhood Development Department by checking out this brochure.The pages to the left will also lead you to programs and services available for you and your family.
Anyone with a disability who needs an interpreter or other auxiliary aids, should contact Regina Womble-Miller at 336-373-2349. Please make service requests three to five days prior to the meeting/event. For additional information or assistance, contact Donna Gray, City ADA coordinator, at 336-373-2723.