Rehab Contractors

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Potential contractors are required to have previous experience in major structural repairs on existing structures and be a licensed Lead Abatement Firm with certified / licensed staff. Contractors are also required to maintain a good credit record. If any judgments are executed or liens filed against you, you must notify the City's Neighborhood Development Department (see contact info below).

Also, contractors must have general liability insurance equal to or exceeding the minimum requirements of the Neighborhood Development Department. Insurance coverage must be continuous and the department must be notified of any changes. The current minimum level of insurance required is:

  • Worker's Compensation Insurance for all employees and subcontractors, in accordance with state Worker's Compensation Laws
  • Comprehensive General Liability coverage of $1,000,000 per occurrence; Bodily Injury Liability of $500,000 per occurrence; and Property Damage Liability of $500,000 per occurrence.

To Apply:

  1. Contact the City's Housing Rehabilitation Coordinator at 336-373-2530 and request an application package. Complete the application.
  2. Enclose copies of
    1. State of NC General Contractor's license (if applicable)
    2. Lead Abatement Certification
    3. Lead Supervisor license(s).
  3. Provide copy of company's Certificate of Insurance discussed in the package
  4. Mail completed package to the address below. Reference checks may take more than a month to complete.
       City of Greensboro
       Neighborhood Development Department
       PO Box 3136
       Greensboro, NC 27401
       Attn: Russell Behn