The City strives to improve the quality of life in communities by revitalizing neighborhoods, creating affordable housing opportunities, helping homeless families/individuals locate housing and improving the existing housing stock. Below are some of the services to help you start down the pathway to housing.
Financial Assistance Programs - Talk to City staff about your existing loan by calling 336-373-2349.
- Greensboro Affordable Home Loan Initiative Program
This is a program that provides downpayment and closing costs assistance to first-time homebuyers who are at least at the 80 percent median to purchase new or existing homes in the City of Greensboro.
- Rehabilitation/Repair and Lead Safe Housing Programs
These programs help low- and moderate-income residents make necessary repairs to their homes and comply with Minimum Housing Standards by addressing emergency conditions and correcting and repairing structural elements.
- Rental Housing Improvement Program
This is a program that allows property owners to make repairs to rental houses located within the city limits of Greensboro. To talk to City staff about the program, call 336-373-2349.
- Guilford County Homeownership Center
This is a program that provides assistance to potential homeowners who are looking to purchase and those who are in danger of losing their home. Call the center at 336-553-0946 to learn more.
- Learn more about the Housing our Community process aimed at creating a shared housing vision for all residents.
Ending Homelessness in Greensboro
- The City of Greensboro is the recipient of nearly $500,000 annually in local and US Department of Housing and Urban Development funding. Grants to service providers are made available through Partners Ending Homelessness. Call them at 336-553-2715 for more information.
- Rental assistance is available through the Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) grant. For more information, call Central Carolina Health Network at 336-292-0665.