Address: Third Floor
Melvin Municipal Office Building
300 W. Washington St.
The duties of the Minimum Housing Standards Commission are to:
- Hear and determine appeals from decisions of a City Code Compliance Inspector based on Chapter 11 of the City's Code of Ordinances
- Study rental rates, the need for reconditioning or condemnation, and other housing conditions within the city, and make recommendations to City Council concerning such matters
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by City Council.
The commission may inspect houses and living quarters in the city and has the right to enter with a Code Compliance Inspector for that purpose.
- Peter Isakoff, chair
- Robert Kollar, vice chair
- Carolyn Biggerstaff
- Quentin Brown
- Suzanne Nazim
- Andrew Young
- Heidi Fleshman (alternate)
The Minimum Housing Standards Commission members are appointed by City Council for terms that expire annually on August 15. If you are interested in serving on the Minimum Housing Standards Commission, please complete and submit this form.
Meetings are held the second Thursday of every month in Council Chamber of the Melvin Municipal Office Building, 300 W. Washington St. See map for location.
Visit this Web page.