Housing Connect GSO links homebuyers, homeowners,
and City partners through education, counseling,
financial assistance and collaborations to ensure
successful homeownership in the Greensboro area.
Homeownership Education & Outreach
- Free eight-hour, first-time homebuyer classes covering topics on family budget management, homeowner insurance, fair housing, working with a Realtor, home inspection, mortgage financing, closing on a home, home maintenance, and rights and responsibilities.
- Free workshops such as handling heir property.
- Community events that will help empower potential homebuyers to make informed choices in selecting and buying a home.
- One-on-one advisory sessions to guide potential homebuyers through the home buying steps and provide ongoing support.
- Post-purchase counseling on maintaining and keeping the home, including delinquency guidance, loan modifications, and conversions on City-funded loans
Housing Connect GSO services are provided by City staff and local nonprofit housing service agencies. The City also collaborates with North Carolina Housing Finance Agency and local lenders to ensure affordable financing.