Eligibility Requirements & Applications
Homeowners - Homeowner Application
- Home built prior to 1978 and in the Greensboro city limits
- Child ages five and under living in the home or visit frequently (at least two days a week, six hours per week, 60 hours per year)
- Household income is at or below 80 percent of the area median adjusted for family size (see below)
- If requiring emergency repairs, household fits emergency repair guidelines or other resources to ensure that emergency repairs can be obtained
Rental Property Owners - Rental Property Application
- Unit built prior to 1978 and in Greensboro city limits
- Tenant income is below 80 percent of the area median adjusted for family size (see below).
- For multi-family rental housing, at least one-half of the units must be occupied by families at or below 50 percent of area median; remaining units shall be occupied by families at or below 80 percent of area median. (Except that a building with five or more units may have 20 percent of the units occupied by families with incomes above 80 percent of area median income).
- For all units, landlords shall give priority in renting units to families with a child five or under for not less than five years following abatement activities.
- If unit requires non-lead emergency repairs that are causing any major health and/or safety threats, rental property owner makes needed emergency repairs or obtains assistance from City Rental Housing Improvement Program (RHIP) -- when eligible funds are available -- to make repairs within RHIP guidelines.
Current Income Guidelines
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE||50% MEDIAN||80% MEDIAN|
Current Fair Market Rent Limits
|NUMBER OF BEDROOMS||0||1||2||3||4|
|FAIR MARKET RENT||$612||$661||$769||$1,028||$1,201|