Greensboro Parks & Recreation's Active Adult Program offers day trips to a variety of locations using a chartered motor coach from a local bus company. Registration dates and prices for each bus trip are in the trip descriptions below. Scroll to the bottom for more information on how to register for these trips.
For questions about Day Trips, please call 336-373-7571 or contact the Active Adult Program Coordinator.
Shatley Springs, NC
Thursday, October 3
We will depart Smith Active Adult Center at 8:30 am and return around 6:30 pm. We will have a family-style lunch at Shatley Springs Restaurant and visit the two Churches of the Frescoes in West Jefferson. The cost of the trip is $60, which includes transportation, lunch, tax, tip and churches. Registration begins Friday, August 30 at 9 am.
NC State Fair
Tuesday, October 22
We will depart Smith Active Adult Center at 8 am and return around 5 pm, spending the day at the NC State Fair. The cost of the trip is $30, which includes transportation only. If you are 65 or older, admission is free. If you are under 65, admission is $10. Registration begins Friday, September 13 at 9 am.
Thursday, November 21
We will depart Smith Active Adult Center at 9 am and return around 6 pm. We will have lunch at The Robbins Nest, then see the Jubilee Christmas Show at the Rudy Theatre. The cost of the trip is $65/person, which includes transportation, lunch, tax, tip and show. Registration begins Friday, October 4 at 9 am.
How to Register for Bus Trips:
- Registration must be made in person at Smith Active Adult Center on or after the registration date.
- On the day of registration, tickets will be given to the first 48 people in line beginning at 9 am, then a waiting list will be started.
- You must hold your own spot in line. You may not use a chair to save your spot in line, or ask others to save your spot in line, while you return to your car to wait. If you get out of line, you will have to go to the end of the line. If someone asks you to save their spot in line, please decline.
- Payment by cash or check made payable to “City of Greensboro” is due at the time of registration.
- A simple health form must be completed by each participant once a year and kept on file.
- You may register yourself and one other person as long as all paperwork is complete and payment is made.
- Refund information is available at the time of registration.
- Seats on the bus are not assigned. Seating is first-come, first-served on the day of the trip.