Camille's Closet, a program of the Greensboro Youth Council, is dedicated to collecting new and gently used formal dresses, shoes and accessories to provide them free of charge to Guilford County's high school students who would otherwise be unable to afford them.
Theo's Threads, the brother program of Camille's Closet, collects new and gently used formal wear for young men. Items sought include tuxedos, dress shirts, ties, and dress shoes.
We provide young people with a safe and caring "shopping" experience and volunteers to help them find a dress or outfit they will love. Volunteer opportunities are available during the shopping days in the Interested in Volunteering section.
The pop up shop will be open for 3 days only, April 12-14 during the times listed below, at the Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie Street. Parking is available in the Church St. and Davie St. parking decks
- Thursday, April 12 - 5:30-7:30 pm
- Friday, April 13 - 5:30-7:30 pm
- Saturday, April 14 - 11 am to 1 pm
Please remember the shop is open to all middle and high school students in public, private, or home-school.
Interested in Volunteering?
Help set up the shop, assist shoppers in selecting the perfect outfit, and breakdown the shop. The shop will be open April 11-14. Sign up to volunteer online.
Formal Wear Drive
The formal wear drive for Camille's Closet and Theo's Threads will run February 26 to March 19.
Items donated must be purchased or worn between 2007-2018 and follow the guidelines below.
- We are especially in need of plus sized dresses/gowns, dress shirts, and slacks/pants.
- Garments must be free of stains, rips, and tears.
- All zippers, buttons, and snaps must be on garment in working condition.
- All accents such as beading or jewels must be on the garment.
- Shoes must have all laces, buckles, and snaps.
- All accents such as jewels or beading must be on the shoes.
- Shoes must be free of stains, rips, and tears.
- Jewelry clasps and backs must be in working condition.
- Purse zippers, snaps, and clasps must close.
- Place any sets in the same bag or box
- Items that are tarnished or discolored will not be accepted.
Drop off locations are listed below. Please note hours listed.
- Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N Davie St., Monday-Friday 8 am- 8 pm
- Brown Recreation Center, 302 E. Vandalia Rd., Monday-Friday 2 pm- 9 pm
- Griffin Recreation Center, 5301 Hilltop Rd., Monday-Friday 8am- 8 pm
- Cheshire Center, 2500 N. Church St., Monday- Friday 9 am- 4 pm
Partners and Sponsors- Margie Motsinger - Cheshire Center and Diamond Life Concerts
2017-18 Camille's Closet and Theo's Threads Chair - Sophia Alem
Sophia, a junior at Page High School, is new to GYC. She is a member of the Service Learning Club at Page. Sophia is also involved in the school's theatre program and enjoys art.
For more information or to receive a dress, call 336-373-4351 or e-mail us.