Community Gardens add beauty to our parks and offer a community an opportunity to learn about and practice growing fresh, nutritionally rich produce. Thriving community gardens are a great way to bring people together and create healthy, strong communities.
These gardens can serve as an outdoor classroom where youth can learn valuable skills like math, communication, responsibility, and cooperation. Gardens also provide the opportunity for everyone to learn about the importance of community, stewardship, and environmental responsibility. And of course, growing your own vegetables encourages healthier eating and physical activity in individuals and families, and lowers grocery bills.
The Parks and Recreation Department currently supports several community gardens within our parks.
Community Garden Locations:
- Keeley Park 4100 Keely Rd., Mcleansville, NC 27301
- Steelman Park 970 Gregory St., Greensboro, NC 27403
- Village at Northside Park 1714 Kay St., Greensboro, NC 27405
- Maywood Park 2009 Maywood St., Greensboro, NC 27403
- Gorrell Street 401 Gorrell St., Greensboro, NC 27401
Are you interested in renting a plot to begin your garden?
To get started today, call or e-mail the Community Garden Coordinator Julie Hale at 336-373-4549, Juliet.Hale@greensboro-nc.gov.