Features and Amenities:
- Hester Park offers fishermen a 5.7-acre lake equipped with four fishing piers; one designed for physically challenged visitors
- Hester park is the home to a 1.3-mile fitness and exercise trail equipped with 13 fitness stations designed to provide a challenging workout for all skill levels
- Gazebo (available for wedding rentals)
- Two horseshoe pits are spread throughout the park available for public use
- Seven picnic shelters
- Drop-in picnic sites are located throughout the park offering grills and picnic tables to our guests on a first-come basis
- Hester Park houses three programmed athletic fields available for rental; please call 336-412-5799 for more information about field reservations
- Sand volleyball court
- Tennis courts (11 courts)
- Archery Range (located behind Shelter #3): Archers can bring their own equipment or rent it. A certified instructor will also be on site to train and assist people. Cost: $5 per lane per hour if you bring your own equipment; $15 per hour for equipment rental and instruction. Children must be 7 years old to participate.
What's Happening at Oka T. Hester Park:
- Loan-a-Rod Program
- Fishing clinics (call park office at 336-373-2937 for more information)
- Hester Park is part of the NC Community Fishing Program. As a participant of this program, catchable-sized channel catfish are stocked in the ponds April through September. The Community Fishing Program allows for catching and keeping up to six catfish per day.
Please note: While visiting the park, we request that you do not feed the waterfowl.