Reserve your shelter with our online reservation system
Greensboro Parks and Recreation has a number of areas and facilities that may be rented for meetings, events or outings. Click on a park link for online shelter reservations, shelter descriptions, photos, location maps, amenities and fees. Please review all rules and regulations prior to making your reservation.
Park Hours of Operation
- 8 am to 8 pm in May, June, July and August
- 8 am to 7 pm in March, April, September and October
- 8 am to 5 pm in January, February, November and December
- Gates at Country Park will close to vehicular traffic at 4 pm during the week and all day on weekends and holidays. The park is open to foot and bicycle traffic until the above closing times.
- Hours of operation vary at Lake Brandt and Lake Higgins
- Picnic shelter rentals are for a full day.
- Please provide time of arrival and departure when making reservations.
- Shelter rates are based on the size, amenities, seating capacity, and location of the shelter.
- Shelter rates are slightly higher for persons who reside outside of Guilford County.
Professional photographers must schedule photo sessions by calling 336-373-5888. There is a fee.
Country Park pedal boats are available Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Litter and Debris
All shelter areas must be left free of litter and debris. Confetti is not allowed at any shelter. Before departure, please place all garbage in trash receptacles. If excessive trash is left in the area, you will be charged a clean-up fee.
Personal Cooking Devices
Personal cooking devices are not allowed in the parks. This includes, but is not limited to, deep fat fryers and personal grills. An exception is made for Lake Brandt, Lake Higgins and Price Park -- gas grills only are allowed since there are no charcoal grills at these shelters.
Amplified music is not allowed in the parks. Small radios are allowed, but the music must not disturb others in the park.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited, with the exception of Bryan Park's shelters 1, 2 and 10. A separate alcohol permit is required for those venues. Please contact 336-373-5888 for details.
Caterers / Vendors / Rentals
If you want to use a caterer or vendor for your event, a current list is available. If your caterer or vendor is not on the list, please contact the Picnic Shelter Reservation office to find out how they can be added. Inflatables and other types of rental equipment are not allowed at any park.
No horseback riding is allowed in any park.
Fishing is allowed at Country, Hester and Keeley parks. The fee for fishing is $2 per person over 12 years of age. Children under 12 can fish free of charge. These lakes are governed by North Carolina Wildlife rules and regulations as well as specific catch limits posted at various park locations. View NC fishing regulations.
No refunds are given. If inclement weather prevents use of the shelter, you may reschedule your event for up to one year from the date of your event with permission from the park manager. Please contact the reservation office at 336-373-5888 immediately to notify staff that you did not use the reservation.
- Online Reservations.
- Or call the Shelter Reservation office at 336-373-5888 from 8 am to 5 pm Mondays through Fridays.
- Full shelter rental payment must be made as soon as the original rental request is taken.
- Types of payment accepted are cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Credit card payment may be made by phone by calling 336-373-5888.
Make your check or money order payable to the City of Greensboro and mail to:
Greensboro Parks and Recreation
320 E. Friendly Ave.
Greensboro, NC 27401