Greensboro Parks and Recreation Department relies on volunteer coaches to help provide our youth sports participants with quality recreational experiences. As a coach in one of our sports programs, you will be providing leadership to youth in the development of sportsmanship, self-confidence, competitiveness, and fair play.
Youth Sports Program Philosophy
Although winning is important, we do not emphasize it as a priority. We measure success on the skills a player develops and the amount of fun the player is having. Our youth sports programs are designed to create a positive environment for youth by emphasizing:
- Each individual's right to participate
- Teaching life skills, good sportsmanship and game fundamentals
- Stressing fun and enjoyment above all else
Volunteer Coach Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Complete Volunteer Coaches Enrollment Form
- Complete sport specific coach's training's as required by program coordinator
- Attend Mandatory Coaches Meeting for the sports season
- Adhere to Greensboro Parks and Recreations Coach's Code of Conduct
For more information about screening process, review the Volunteer Screening Guidelines.
For program specific information: