Greensboro Parks and Recreation youth cheerleading program exists to create a positive environment for youth ages 5-12 to cheer during the football season by emphasizing each individual's right to participate, good sportsmanship, promoting skill development, and fitness and well-being.
Although winning is important, we do not emphasize it as a priority. We measure success on the skills a player develops and the amount of fun the player is having. Emphasis is placed on safety, team work, skill development and fair play.
All Greensboro Parks and Recreation Athletic programs maintain a family friendly and sportsmanlike atmosphere. Review the codes of conduct for coaches, parents, and players. These guidelines extend to all who enter the playing and spectator areas.
The youth Cheer program is organized and supervised by the Athletic Section at Recreation Centers that offer youth football during the fall; and youth basketball during the winter. The Athletic Section may assign cheerleaders outside of their district to form teams.
- Fee: $50 per child ($65 for late registration). Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Ages: 5-12 years old. Age is determined as of September 1 for fall.
- Registration: May 13 to July 26 (Late Registrations: July 27 to August 9)
- Locations: Glenwood, Leonard, Lewis, Peeler, Warnersville, and Windsor Recreation Centers.
Winter Registration Open Now:
Registration: October 7 to November 3
(Late Registration: December 2-9)
Fee: $50 per child ($65 for late registration)
Payment due at time of registration.
Ages: 5-13 years old.
Age is determined as of December 31 for Winter
- Locations: Brown, Craft, Glenwood, Leonard, Lewis, Lindley, Peeler, and Windsor Recreation Centers
Keep up-to-date and share your pictures with us on Facebook.
Better Lives, Better Community. Come Join Us!