Registration for summer 2020 opens on February 17.
The Counselor in Training (CIT) Program offers teens a chance to gain real work experience, service learning hours, and leadership skills at one of Parks and Recreation's summer camp locations.
CIT takes place at Community Recreation Centers and specialty camp locations throughout the city. Camps at Recreation Centers have similar structures and schedules. All-Star Sports camp at the Sportsplex requires an interest for sports. Camp Joy requires an interest in working with individuals with disabilities. Teens should select a camp that best suits their interests.
Guilford County Schools students who fill out the necessary paperwork and track their hours may count these hours in x2VOL and towards their Service Learning Diploma.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why get involved?
- Build skills in teaching, leadership, and responsibility
- Hands-on experience in a job-like atmosphere
- Earn Guilford County Schools Service Learning hours
- Stay busy and have fun!
- Must be rising sophomore, junior, or senior in high school
- A one-time $80 administration fee (fee assistance is available at request before registration)
- A completed online questionnaire to be completed by teen and parent after registration
- Commitment to one full session at a designated camp location
- Attendance at mandatory orientation session
All interested teens must register online by the designated deadline. After registration, participants will receive an e-mail with further instructions.