Registration for Summer 2019 is now closed
The Counselor in Training (CIT) Program offers teens a chance to gain real work experience, service learning hours, and leadership skills at one of Parks and Recreation's summer camp locations.
CIT takes place at Community Recreation Centers and specialty camp locations throughout the city. Camps at Recreation Centers have similar structures and schedules. All-Star Sports camp at the Sportsplex requires an interest for sports. Camp Joy requires an interest in working with individuals with disabilities. Teens should select a camp that best suits their interests.
Guilford County Schools students who fill out the necessary paperwork and track their hours may count these hours in x2VOL and towards their Service Learning Diploma.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why get involved?
- Build skills in teaching, leadership, and responsibility
- Hands-on experience in a job-like atmosphere
- Earn Guilford County Schools Service Learning hours
- Stay busy and have fun!
- Participants must be 15 years old by June 1
- A one-time $80 administration fee (scholarships are available)
- A completed application
- Commitment to one full session at a designated camp location
- Attendance at mandatory training session
All interested teens must fill out a completed application by the designated deadline. Acceptance into the program will be announced by via a letter to the address on your application.