GYC offers service learning opportunities through leadership roles as executive board member, project chair and project staff. These positions require more time and dedication than a GYC normal volunteer opportunity. All positions receive assistance from a GYC advisor to successfully run their area and you do not have to be a GYC member to hold a position, though membership is strongly encouraged.
We are considered a service learning provider through Guilford County Schools for those working toward a Service Learning Diploma or Certificate. Learn more about Guilford County School's Service Learning requirements.
Serve as an Area Leader or Area Assistant for GYC's largest community event and earn between 20-60 service learning hours!
Ghoulash is an annual Halloween Festival held in downtown Greensboro with family friendly activities such as bounce houses, games, costume contests, and much more. This year Ghoulash will be held on Saturday, October 27 from 2-6 pm in Center City Park and LeBauer Park.
Energetic and dedicated volunteers are needed to serve as staff for the event in the areas of business, activities, and costume contest. Those serving as Ghoulash staff work with an adult advisor from August to October to learn about the event and specific duties related to planning and running the area. Check out the positions and brief descriptions below.
- Business Manager- learns all business procedures to run the business office at Ghoulash including setting up cash boxes and placing volunteers. Also trains a staff and volunteers on these procedures.
- This position is great for someone interested in finance and is organized.
- Activities Manager- plans the Ghoulash activities such as games booths, inflatables/bounce houses, and bingo. Trains staff and monitors volunteers during the event.
- A great position for someone who it creative and able to multi-task well.
- Costume Contest Manager- coordinates the contests which includes securing judges and training volunteers so the contests run smoothly.
- Someone who is creative, organized, and enjoys public speaking will do well in this position.
- Business Assistants- 4 people are needed
- Work with the Business Manger to train volunteers and ensure the office runs efficiently.
- Activities Assistants- 2 people are needed
- Help Activities Manager brainstorm and create games for the event and promote all activities.
- Costume Contest Assistants- 2 people are needed
- Helps each contest to run smoothly by assisting with registration and handing out prizes.
Ready to apply? Complete the Ghoulash Staff application. Applications are open until all positions are filled.
- What happens after I submit my application? A member of the GYC team will contact you to review your application with you and ask a few questions.
Questions about serving on Ghoulash staff? E-mail us or call (336) 373-4351.