GYC offers service learning opportunities through leadership roles as executive board member, project chair and project staff. These positions require more time and dedication than a GYC normal volunteer opportunity. All positions receive assistance from a GYC advisor to successfully run their area and you do not have to be a GYC member to hold a position, though membership is strongly encouraged.
We are considered a service learning provider through Guilford County Schools for those working toward a Service Learning Diploma or Certificate. Learn more about Guilford County School's Service Learning requirements.
Spring in Bloom
This spring, GYC will participate in the Spring in Bloom event on Friday, April 3. This community event, hosted by Greensboro Downtown Parks Inc., celebrates the change of season and the lighting of the LeBauer Park sculpture. GYC will provide games and crafts, organize an scavenger hunt, and sell glow items.
Dedicated and enthusiastic teens are needed to help plan and run these areas. Below are the positions with a brief description. All positions work with an adult adviser to help them with their duties.
Area Leaders- Lead and manage Area Assistants and volunteers to successfully run stations for the event.
- Activities Manager - Plans the activities and procedures for the event which include games, arts-n-crafts, selling items, and the scavenger hunt.
- Scavenger Hunt Coordinator - Organizes the art scavenger hunt creating clues and securing prizes for participants.
- Business Manager - Selects items to sell and manages the business office and their assistants.
Area Assistants - Work along side Area Leaders to run designated areas.
- Activities Assistant - Helps create games and procedures, decide on crafts, and make posters to promote activity stations.
- Scavenger Hunt Assistant - Assists with creating clues and mapping out the hunt.
- Business Assistants - Learns business procedures and helps run the business office.
Ready to apply? Download the Spring in Bloom Staff Application. Positions are open until filled. If you have any questions, call the GYC Office at 336-373-2734.
Send completed applications:
- By mail: Greensboro Youth Council, Attn: GYC Spring Leadership, PO Box 3136, Greensboro, NC 27402
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: GYC Spring in Bloom
- In person: drop off at the GYC Office, Suite 315 in the Greensboro Cultural Center 200 N. Davie St. during normal business hours. If we are not in please leave in the box on our door.
Frequently asked questions regarding applications
- What happens after I submit my application?
- You will receive an e-mail stating we received your application and it is being reviewed.
- How does the selection process work?
- Applications are reviewed Project Chair and their adviser. Once all applications are reviewed, you will receive a call from the Project Chair regarding the position.