Each month, GYC puts on at least one event for the community or as a service project. Volunteers are a major key to the success of these events. Can you help? Listed below are the upcoming events. Some events require signing up online and links are provided.
If you have any questions or have trouble signing up, please call the GYC Office at 336-373-2738 or e-mail GYC so we can assist you.
Thank you for volunteering with the GYC.
Fall Volunteer Opportunities and Meetings
Orientations and Monthly meetings
- What: GYC is currently accepting applications for membership now until November 16. One the steps to membership is attending an orientation or what we call an interest meeting to learn more about the organization and meet the teen board. Stay for the monthly meeting to connected with current members, get updates on current events, and more.
- When: October 4, November 8 and December 6
- Orientation begins at 5:30 pm and the monthly meeting begins at 6:30 pm
- Where: Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie St.
- Let us know you'll be there! Sign ups are not required, but allows us to be prepared.
Stream Clean Up
- What: Help GYC clean our adopted stream! Wear comfortable clothes and shoes you don't mind getting dirty.
- When: Wednesday, October 10 at 5:30 pm
- Where: 501 Yanceyville St., stream behind the Farmers' Curb Market
- Sign up now to reserve your spot.
- Thursday, October 25 - Volunteer Training from 5:30-7 pm
- This training will be held at the Central Library downtown.
- Saturday, October 27 - Ghoulash!
- Set up - 10 am-1 pm
- Shift 1 - 1-4:30 pm
- Shift 2 - 4:30-7 pm
- Please note: This year volunteers will be placed in areas as they arrive based on event priority. Example: Business, games, and inflatable areas need volunteers first.
Please note that volunteer times may differ from event times. Volunteer shift include event set up and breakdown.
You can also view the GYC Calendar for other events such as meetings and trainings.