Attend the monthly interactive workshops or trainings offered through the GYC Institute to become a better you!
Workshops are free and open to all high school and teen home school students in Guilford County. GYC members are required to attend at least four workshops each year and receive double hours for their attendance. Snacks are provided!
The fall workshop series is here! All workshops are held from 5:30-6:30 pm at the Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie St.
- September 18 - Goal Setting: Start your school year off right setting goals and action steps to be successful.
- October 16 - Professionalism: Learn techniques to stand out as an individual and how to assert yourself in serious situations.
- November 13 - Dining Etiquette: Ever wonder wonder what that extra tiny fork is for? Attend to find out and have a tasty meal.
- December 11 - Social Media Presence: Tips to use social media to present for yourself appropriately for potential jobs, internships, or scholarships.
Sign up to reserve your spot! Registration isn't required but encouraged so we know who and how many people to expect.
Not only can you receive service learning hours for attending, you also receive awards at the GYC end of year reception.
- Rising Star- attend 2-4 workshops
- Receive a certificate of participation
- Emerging Leader-attend 5-6 workshops
- Receive a silver medal and certificate of participation
- Achiever- attend 7-8 workshops
- Receive a gold medal and certificate of participation
Questions? Call Anna Hoy, GYC advisor, at (336) 373-7757 or e-mail your question.