Attend the monthly interactive workshops or training offered through the GYC Institute to become a better you!
Workshops are free and open to all high school and teen home school students in Guilford County. GYC members are required to attend at least four workshops each year and receive double hours for their attendance. Snacks are provided!
The spring workshop series is here! All workshops are held from 5:30-6:30 pm at the Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie St.
- January 29 - Influence and Negotiation: Learn how to get your point across and tips on effectively debating topics
- February 19 - Problem Solving: Faced with a dilemma? Don't stress! Attend to learn how to effectively handle any dilemma.
- March 19 - Organization: Learn habits to work more efficiently and have quality endeavors.
- April 16 - How to Write a Resume: Improve your resume to stand out from the crowd for jobs, colleges, and other professional pursuits.
Sign up to reserve your spot! Registration isn't required but encouraged so we know who and how many people to expect.
Not only can you receive service learning hours for attending, you also receive awards at the GYC end of year reception.
- Rising Star- attend 2-4 workshops
- Receive a certificate of participation
- Emerging Leader-attend 5-6 workshops
- Receive a silver medal and certificate of participation
- Achiever- attend 7-8 workshops
- Receive a gold medal and certificate of participation
Questions? Call Miracle Collier, GYC advisor, at 336-373-2740 or e-mail your question.