GYC membership is currently closed. The time frame is from August through December.
If you are interested in volunteering, visit the GYC Volunteer Opportunities page. Please note volunteers do not receive the membership perks such as incentives or tracking of volunteer hours by GYC.
Become a member of GYC in four easy steps!
- Step 1: Complete a GYC Application.
- GYC will accept applications for membership August through December 7 only.
- Step 2: Attend a GYC Orientation/Interest meeting.
- Orientations will be be held September through December. Check the GYC Calendar for dates and times.
- Step 3: Pay a one-time $20 membership fee.
- This covers you the entire time you're in high school.
- Step 4: Sign up to start volunteering.
- Volunteer opportunities will be posted on the GYC Volunteer Opportunities page.
Membership includes: A GYC Shirt, tracking and recording of your hours, notepad, and candy. See "Perks" section below for more incentives.
It is important that all members actively participate in GYC. Below are the GYC membership requirements that give each member a minimum of 62 hours each year. Dedication is key!
|Earn 10 hours each quarter.
Quarters are two-month periods from September to April.
|2 projects||Volunteer at at least 2 GYC projects each year.
Ideally, one in the fall and one in the spring.
|4 workshops||Attend 4 GYC Institute Workshops each year.
These count as double hours for attending.
|1 meeting||Attend GYC monthly meeting.
Normally held the first Thursday of each month.
Optional opportunities to earn more hours include serving on a committee, donating toys to Santa's Workshops, serving on a project staff, and attending quarterly socials.
GYC values your service. We know your schedule can get busy and thank you for your time. Here are a few ways we recognize our members:
- Incentives such as shirts and water bottles
- Gift cards to your favorite place
- Letters of recommendation
- Service learning certificates
- Year-end awards
- Preferred placement for GYC Service Learning Camp and Counselors-in-Training program.
We're happy to answer any questions about membership. Call the GYC Office at 336-373-2738 or e-mail us. We look forward to you joining our team.