Camille's Closet and Theo's Threads is dedicated to collecting new and gently worn formal wear, shoes and accessories to provide them free of charge to middle and high school students who would otherwise be unable to afford them.
We provide young people with a safe and caring "shopping" experience and volunteers to help them find a dress or outfit they will love. Shopping dates are scheduled for March 2020.
Canceled: Pop Up Shop Information
The Pop Up Shop planned for March 26 and 27 has been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.
Formal Wear Drive Information
Time Frame and Items Needed
The 2020 formal wear drive was held January 27 to February 28.
Monetary donations are also being accepted to purchase the following items: accessories, shoes, and plus size dresses. Donate now! No amount is too small. $5 is a pair of earrings, $10 is simple clutch, $20 can purchase shoes.
Items donated must be purchased or worn between 2010-2019 and follow the guidelines below. Items that do not fit these guidelines will not be accepted.
- We are especially in need of plus sized dresses/gowns, dress shirts, and slacks/pants.
- Garments must be free of stains, snags, rips, and tears.
- All zippers, buttons, and snaps must be on garment in working condition.
- All accents such as beading or jewels must be on the garment.
- Shoes must have all laces, buckles, and snaps.
- All accents such as jewels or beading must be on the shoes.
- Shoes must be free of stains, rips, and tears.
- Jewelry clasps and backs must be in working condition.
- Purse zippers, snaps, and clasps must close.
- Place any sets in the same bag or box
- Items that are tarnished or discolored will not be accepted.
Partners and Sponsors
Margie Motsinger - Cheshire Center
For more information or to receive a dress, call 336-373-4351 or e-mail us.