Spreading holiday cheer and 'going green' by
donating gently used and new toys to families in need.
Who: Santa's Workshop has been assisting Greensboro families in need for more than 40 years. The Greensboro Youth Council (GYC) partners with local agencies to collect and distribute toys to Greensboro families during the holiday season. Used toys are cleaned by community volunteers. Families must be referred to GYC by an approved agency to be able to receive toys from the Santa's Workshop program.
Anyone can volunteer at Santa's Workshop. Volunteer by yourself or sign-up your group to assist on toy cleaning and sorting days. Dates and times to volunteer will be posted in November.
Toy Drive Information
Dates: Information on the 2019 toy drive will be posted in the Fall.
Drop Off Locations Toy donation boxes are at the following locations.
Is your business or organization interested in serving as a collection site? Complete the Santa's Workshop Collection site form.
Monetary donations are accepted. Donate now or mail a donation to: Greensboro Youth Council, Attn: Santa's Workshop, PO Box 3136, Greensboro, NC 27402.
Businesses and Community Locations:
- Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie St.
- State Employees Credit Unions
- 6017 Gate City Blvd.
- 2017 Oak Ridge Rd.
- 1030 market St.
- 4014 Battleground Ave.
- 211 Pisgah Church Rd.
- 6501 Interstate Dr.
- 100 E. Elmsley Dr.
- 219 N. Church St.
- 1201 New Garden Rd.
All City of Greensboro Community Recreation Centers:
- Brown Center, 302 E. Vandalia Rd.
- Craft Center, 3911 Yanceyville St.
- Glenwood Center, 2010 Coliseum Blvd.
- Griffin Center, 5301 Hilltop Rd.
- Leonard Center, 6324 Ballinger Rd.
- Lewis Center, 3110 Forest Lawn Dr.
- Lindley Center, 2907 Springwood Dr.
- Peeler Center, 1300 Sykes Ave.
- Smith Senior Center, 24001 Fairview St.
- Trotter Center, 3906 Betula St.
- Warnersville Center, 601 Doak St.
- Windsor Center, 1601 E. Gate City Blvd.
All City of Greensboro Public Libraries:
- Benjamin Branch, 1530 Benjamin Parkway
- Central Branch, 219 N. Church St.
- Glenwood Branch, 1901 W. Florida St.
- Kathleen Clay Edwards Family Branch, 1420 Price Park Rd.
- Hemphill Branch, 2301 W. Vandalia Rd.
- McGirt-Horton Branch, 2501 Phillips Ave.
- Vance Chavis Branch, 900 S. Benbow Rd.
- All toys should be new or used toys that are unbroken and in good condition.
- Used toys should not be rusty or too dirty.
- Games and puzzles should be complete and have all pieces. Tape the sides of the boxes, so that the pieces will not get lost.
- Dolls should have all parts. Place doll clothes and accessories in a plastic bag and secure them with the doll.
- Electronics should be in working condition. Only minor repairs can be made. Batteries do not have to be included.
- Toy sets such as building blocks and tea sets should be boxed or placed in a sealed plastic bag, so that the pieces will not get lost.
- New stuffed animals only. No used stuffed animals will be accepted.
- Bicycles, tricycles and riding toys should be in working condition. Only minor repairs can be made.
- Sports equipment such as bowling or golf sets should be boxed or placed in a sealed plastic bag.
- No violent toys will be accepted (no guns, spears, or other weapons).
- Clothing and food are not accepted.
2018 Sponsors and Community Partners
- Greensboro Public Libraries
- Greensboro Community Recreation Centers
- 107.5 KZL
- International Minute Press
2018 Santa's Workshop Chair