Spreading holiday cheer and 'going green' by
donating gently used and new toys to families in need.
Who: Santa's Workshop has been assisting Greensboro families in need for more than 40 years. The Greensboro Youth Council (GYC) partners with local agencies to collect and distribute toys to Greensboro families during the holiday season. Used toys are cleaned by community volunteers. Families must be referred to GYC by an approved agency to be able to receive toys from the Santa's Workshop program.
Anyone can volunteer at Santa's Workshop. Volunteer by yourself or sign-up your group to assist on toy cleaning and sorting days.
2017 Toy Drive Information
Dates: The 2017 Toy Drive runs November 13 through December 8.
Drop Off Locations Toy donation boxes are at the following locations.
Is your business or organization interested in serving as a collection site? Complete the Santa's Workshop Collection site form.
- Cash donations can be mailed to: Greensboro Youth Council, Attn: Santa's Workshop, PO Box 3136, Greensboro, NC 27402
- Greensboro Youth Council, Attn: Santa's Workshop, Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie St.
Businesses and Community Locations:
- Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie St.
- State Employees Credit Union, 2047 Oak Ridge Rd.
- State Employees Credit Union, 1030 W. Market St.
- State Employees Credit Union, 100 E. Elmsley Dr.
- International Minute Press, 104 Meadowood St.
All City of Greensboro Community Recreation Centers:
- Brown Center, 302 E. Vandalia Rd.
- Craft Center, 3911 Yanceyville St.
- Glenwood Center, 2010 Coliseum Blvd.
- Griffin Center, 5301 Hilltop Rd.
- Leonard Center, 6324 Ballinger Rd.
- Lewis Center, 3110 Forest Lawn Dr.
- Lindley Center, 2907 Springwood Dr.
- Peeler Center, 1300 Sykes Ave.
- Smith Senior Center, 24001 Fairview St.
- Trotter Center, 3906 Betula St.
- Warnersville Center, 601 Doak St.
- Windsor Center, 1601 E. Gate City Blvd.
All City of Greensboro Public Libraries:
- Benjamin Branch, 1530 Benjamin Parkway
- Central Branch, 219 N. Church St.
- Glenwood Branch, 1901 W. Florida St.
- Kathleen Clay Edwards Family Branch, 1420 Price Park Rd.
- Hemphill Branch, 2301 W. Vandalia Rd.
- McGirt-Horton Branch, 2501 Phillips Ave.
- Vance Chavis Branch, 900 S. Benbow Rd.
- All toys should be new or used toys that are unbroken and in good condition.
- Used toys should not be rusty or too dirty.
- Games and puzzles should be complete and have all pieces. Tape the sides of the boxes, so that the pieces will not get lost.
- Dolls should have all parts. Place doll clothes and accessories in a plastic bag and secure them with the doll.
- Electronics should be in working condition. Only minor repairs can be made. Batteries do not have to be included.
- Toy sets such as building blocks and tea sets should be boxed or placed in a sealed plastic bag, so that the pieces will not get lost.
- New stuffed animals only. No used stuffed animals will be accepted.
- Bicycles, tricycles and riding toys should be in working condition. Only minor repairs can be made.
- Sports equipment such as bowling or golf sets should be boxed or placed in a sealed plastic bag.
- No violent toys will be accepted (no guns, spears, or other weapons).
- Clothing and food are not accepted.
2017 Sponsors and Community Partners
- Greensboro Public Libraries
- Greensboro Community Recreation Centers
2017 Santa's Workshop Chair
Janeeta Mamane, sophomore at the Middle College at Bennett.