Trails and Greenways Mapping Tool
Use this application for all the following:
- Get turn-by-turn directions to each trailhead with parking
- Find the closest hiking and biking trail to your home or current location
- Search for a trail by name
- Print out a paper copy of the area you want to navigate
We welcome user feedback based on your experience with the program. Please e-mail us with your comments or suggestions.
Parks and Recreation and the Greensboro Fire Department want to make sure you are safe on our trails! Follow these tips to make your adventure a safe one.
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will be back.
- Take plenty of snacks and water.
- Know your limits.
- Keep an eye out for rescue marker numbers, and if you have an emergency, call 911 and stay put!
Trails and Greenways Information
There are more than 90 miles of trails and greenways available in Greensboro. From our beautiful garden trails, to our expansive paved greenways, within parks, or hiking and mountain biking trails around the city's lakes, there is something for everyone. Check out our most recent Trails Guide Map.
Join the Conversation on social media with #GSOtrails and don't forget to geotag your hikes, bikes, and runs!
Park Locator App
Use the free Piedmont Discovery Mobile app to find your next adventure. Explore destinations near you. Sort trail information by type of terrain and level of difficulty. Find park amenities. Get directions and links for additional information.
Covers park facilities owned by Greensboro, Guilford County and High Point.
Get Connected with Other Trail Users
There are many clubs, groups, meet-ups and organizations that use our trail and greenway system to socialize, volunteer and learn. There is something for everyone, from hiking and backpacking to birding and mountain biking. Visit our Get Connected page to learn about these friendly groups who get outside and enjoy the Greensboro Trail system.