PLANIT GSO is a City initiative designed to spark community conversations about how Greensboro should grow and develop in the future.
This initiative involves you...the public. We want to hear what you think about where Greensboro is now and where you think it could be in the future. Your ideas will be used by our elected officials and City staff to create a framework for updating the City's Comprehensive Plan, "Connections 2025."
Get on our contact list to receive updates via e-mail or text
by e-mailing “Listserv” with your preferred method of contact.
Below are supporting documents for the PlanIT GSO Comprehensive Plan update:
- Data Book Report- A wide array of statistics that tell the story of Greensboro since the last Comprehensive Plan was adopted in 2003.
- Conditions & Trends Report - A deeper dive into topics discussed in the Data Book Report that are expected to affect and influence Greensboro's future.
- Dashboard - An interactive tool to help explore the highlights of the Conditions and Trends Report and Data Book Report.
- National Association of Realtors Report - November 2017, Greensboro - A report analyzing neighborhood and commuting preferences of Greensboro residents. Greensboro is the first municipality to have its own local version of the National Realtors Association Community Preference Survey.
Community Speaker Series
Join us as we bring to town nationally known experts in community design and development to highlight the latest trends in cities. Check out all the speakers we have had so far through our PlanIT GSO Speaker Series YouTube Playlist or click the individual links below:
- Chris Leinberger - Placemaking and Management: Addressing Market Demand for Walkable Urbanism in the Knowledge Economy
- Parris Glendening - "How Housing Builds Our Economy"
- Geoff Anderson - "Growing an Amazing City: Greensboro"
- Dan Parolek - "Missing Middle: Responding to the Demand for Walkable Urban Living"
See our most recent speaker's presentation, Chris Leinberger, by playing the video below: