The Greensboro Police Department (GPD) employs more than 100 non-sworn employees. Non-sworn employees are not police officers -- they do not carry a badge.
Non-sworn employees contribute to GPD’s mission in a number of ways, such as these:
- Manage our records systems
- Serve as crime scene investigators
- Work in media relations
- Analyze crime data
- Perform administrative and logistics functions
- Maintain accountability of evidence
- Serve as a central point of information for the public.
Salaries vary based on the complexity of the work and the level of responsibility.
Check the City's Human Resources Department website for job openings.