The City of Greensboro's parking program has an administrative appeal process for people who believe their parking citation was issued in error. An appeal must be made within 10 days of the issue date. All appeals must be submitted online or mailed to the Parking Enforcement Office. After 10 days, the right of appeal is void.
The administrative appeal process includes three levels of appeal:
1. Administrative Review
2. Administrative Hearing
3. Appeal through the Superior Court of Guilford County.
If the Administration Review process has been completed and you want to take the appeal to the next level, then you have 15 days from the Administrative Review Decision date to request an Administrative Hearing. After the 15 days, then the right to request the Administrative Hearing is void.
Hearings are conducted Mondays to Fridays between normal business hours of 8 am to 5 pm.
The parking citation appeal form can be completed online for your convenience.
As a matter of policy, the Parking Operations Program does not accept the following as grounds for appeal:
- Lack of knowledge of the City’s parking regulations
- Conflicts or tardiness going to or returning from appointments
- Inability to find a valid parking space
- Failure to have appropriate, sufficient amount of coins or alternate payment methods.