Avoid a $250 parking fine or towing by:
Never parking in a:
- Handicapped space without your handicap placard
- Handicapped striped access area, which is a part of the designated handicap space.
Avoid a $50 parking fine or towing by:
- Within 5 feet of a fire hydrant.
- In a Fire Lane.
Avoid a $35 parking fine or towing by:
- In a tow-in zone or "No Parking Anytime" zone In a loading zone for more than the time allowed -- one hour for commercial license plates or 30 minutes for non-commercial
- In a passenger loading area, except when someone stays in the vehicle to pick up a passenger
- Within five feet in either direction of a driveway or alleyway
- Within 25 feet of an intersection
- Where it will exceed the specified time in controlled residential parking areas without a permit
- On city streets if the vehicle is oversized (more than 80 inches wide or 30 feet long).
Avoid a $15 parking fine by:
- Exceeding the specified time in metered or timed parking spaces
- Parking facing opposing traffic
- Obstructing a sidewalk or crosswalk.
These are some of the main violations. The complete list of parking offenses can be found in the City's Municipal Code of Ordinances.
Pay a parking ticket:
By mail at:
City of Greensboro
PO Box 3136
Greensboro, NC 27402
In person at:
Melvin Municipal Office Building
300 W. Washington St.
UG Level Collections
Appeal a ticket by: