The City's Parking Operations office offers Pay-by-Space Parking, which allows customers who park in the Elm / Greene and Elm / McGee downtown parking lots to use one of three automated payment stations. Signs direct parkers to the nearest pay station to complete a parking transaction. Each unit accepts coins, dollar bills and major credit cards for parking fees. The units, however, will not give change.
Using the payment stations is easy.
- Park your vehicle in an available space
- Note the space number painted on the ground
- Locate one of the three area pay stations
- Press OK on the pay station to start
- Enter your space number
- Deposit payment (or use credit / debit card) to purchase time
- General parking is a two-hour maximum
- Take your receipt from tray at bottom of pay station
If you purchased less than two hours and need to add more time:
- Select language:
- 1) English
- Prompt: Pay by Stall – Enter stall number: ________
- Use Keypad to enter stall number
- Press "OK" button
- Select "2" on the keypad to add time
- Prompt: Enter "Add Time Number" found on Receipt
- Refer to original receipt for add time number and enter the number at the keypad
- Press "OK" Button
- Deposit money or used credit / debit card to add time
- (note: Pay station does not give change)
- Receipt will print and drop to tray at bottom of pay station. Keep receipt for your record of payment.
Note: Pay stations accept nickels, dimes, quarters, $1 coins and $1 bills. Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover credit / debit cards are also accepted.
The receipt indicates when your parking time expires. You will not have to return to your vehicle since the parking information is retained in the parking pay station. Time balances are viewable by parking officers both on- and off-site, so parking time balances will be monitored closely. Pay-by-Space parking helps to reduce down-time caused by broken meters and enhances parking enforcement. It also gives more visitors an opportunity to park downtown.
For questions about use of the machines, contact the Parking Operations office at 336-373-2648.