Latest Project News
The City's Department of Transportation (GDOT) held a public meeting in October 2010 to discuss the recommended improvements to Alamance Church Road from Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to the city limits. These recommendations were developed from public feedback gathered at the first public meeting in May 2010. This project was identified for funding as part of the package of transportation improvements that were approved in the November 2008 Bond Referendum.
Recommended improvements include:
- Widening to accommodate a center turn lane
- Installing bike lanes
- Installing curb and gutter
- Installing sidewalks
- Realigning Bristol Road
- Begin Right-of-Way Acquisition - Fall 2018
- Complete Construction Plans - Spring 2019
- Begin Construction - Fall 2019
- End Construction - Fall 2021
If you have any questions or input about the project, please contact Carrie Reeves.