About the Project
The Downtown Greensboro Streetscape Master Plan project will provide a framework for streetscape enhancements in the central core of downtown.
With a goal to improve the overall pedestrian experience downtown, the project will encompass a variety of elements, such as new sidewalks, landscaping, lighting, bicycle facilities and signage. A better pedestrian experience will promote a better quality of life for Greensboro residents by improving connections into and within downtown, creating more walkable and bikeable corridors, creating places that people want to visit and linger, and providing a cohesive framework for the city as it evolves.
This plan will serve as the design guidelines that shape future construction documents and the creation of a new streetscape.
Greensboro residents approved bond funds for community and economic development. The Downtown Greensboro Streetscape project is the first to use these funds.
- December 2017: Project kickoff
- January 2018: Field investigation
- February 2018: Visioning charrette with downtown stakeholders (See image above.)
- March 2018: First community forum, streetscape design concept meetings, social media engagement and surveys
- June 2018: Second community forum, design concept refinement meeting, social media engagement and surveys
- July - November 2018: Refine streetscape concepts, develop streetscape framework and phasing plan
- December 2018: Streetscape Corridor Master Plan