The City’s street light program is designed to improve the safety of motorists and pedestrians along City streets at night. GDOT places street lights along major corridors as well as residential streets. Street lights are installed and maintained by Duke Power Company, but are authorized for installation and funded by GDOT.
Request a New Street Light
To request a street light, you must first obtain signatures from the residents along your street on a petition. GDOT funds the public street light program at no additional cost to residents.
Report a Street Light OutageTo report a street light outage, contact the City's Contact Center at 373-CITY (2489) or you can enter a request on the Online Services Request Form.
Instructions for Reporting by Telephone
Before you call, be prepared to provide the following:
- Your name, phone number, section, date and time.
- The location (nearest address, block number, intersection) of the street light that is being reported. Example:
- Third street light on Andrew Street from Arlington Street to Vance Street
- 105 Patton Ave.
- Intersection of Burtner Street / Caldwell Street.
- Detailed directions from a major street or intersection.
- The type of problem (street light out, light cycles on and off, fixture or bulb damaged, etc.)