COVID-19 Service Adjustments and other related news
- Beginning Thursday, April 2, GTA will continue to operate on an hourly schedule and move from the standard 16 routes to a combined 7 routes usually offered on Sundays only plus Routes 15, 17 and 12A. The new service hours are now Monday through Friday 5:15 am to 8:30 pm, Saturday 6 am to 8 pm and Sunday 6 am to 6 pm. For the new routes buses will follow, click here. SCAT will continue to operate normally during the hours listed above. There are no changes to SCAT I-Ride.
- On Monday evening, March 30, EMS responded to a health emergency at the J. Douglas Galyon Depot. The person exhibited possible signs of the coronavirus. The individual was transported out of the facility, and as a precaution, the waiting area was closed on Tuesday, March 31 for cleaning and sanitizing. It will reopen on Wednesday, April 1. Signage posted at the Depot and now removed erroneously stated that the person had the virus. There has been no confirmation of the case, but we will continue to follow up with local health authorities and respond with any additional information.
- As Greensboro is now under a county and state stay-at-home order, we do encourage our riders to travel only if necessary. If you do need to travel, make sure to follow all of the prescribed precautions to help #flattenthecurve . If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please do not travel on GTA, SCAT or SCAT I-Ride.
- The City of Greensboro has eastablished a free shelter-in-place option for residents experiencing homelessness at the Greensboro Sportsplex located at 2400 16th Street. Riders can get to the shelter Monday - Saturday on Route 6 and Sunday on Route 21.
- For the safety of the operators, we are asking riders to board buses using the rear doors unless a disability prevents from doing so. Also, please remain behind the barrier located behind the bus operator.
- All operating GTA and SCAT buses have been equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers for the safety of our riders and operators. If you must travel, travel safely.
- Effective immediately, GTA and SCAT are operating fare-free. You may board your bus without paying a fare or using a pass. SCAT I-Ride service still requires fare payment.
- Until further notice, GTA will operate hourly service along normal routes. This will allow time for cleaning and sanitizing of buses throughout the day. HEAT services will end Thursday, March 19 at 3 pm.
- GTA Administrative Offices are closed to the public effective immediately. Staff will be available by phone and email weekdays 10 am to 3 pm through March 27.
- All GTA ID Cards and passes for Fixed Route and SCAT services remain available for purchase at the J. Douglas Galyon Depot Customer Service Office located at
236C W. Washington St. Hours of operation are:
Monday- Friday - 5 am to 8 pm
Saturday - 7 am to 7 pm
Sunday - 7 am to 5 pm
For bulk pass purchases by agencies, call 336-373-2634.
- For SCAT I-ride, there is a temporary limit of reservations no more than seven days in advance. Reservations are being taken by the backup call center for 15 days, so you may experience delays in making reservations.
Change in SCAT Customer Service Contact
Please be advised effective immediately, you are asked to contact Candyce Brown, central contracting specialist, at 336-373-2182 to report all SCAT-related service issues and concerns. Brown will ensure that your concerns are directed to and investigated by the GTA Customer Service office, and that you are provided a timely response. If you have any questions or concerns relating to this customer service related change, please feel free to contact her at 336-373-3182.
Purchase GTA passes using credit/debit cards
By popular request, you can now purchase GTA and SCAT bus passes with a major credit or debit card at the Depot Customer Service office and GTA Administrative Offices! To use the debit option, the card must feature a Mastercard or Visa logo. For questions, contact Customer Service at 336-335-6499.
Explore Benefits For Your Employees with Commuter Connections!
Commuter Connections is an exciting new partnership with employers to extend transit benefits to their hard-working employees and enjoy tax benefits at the same time. Learn more on the Commuter Connections page and contact us today to offer this perk for travel to work and beyond!
SCAT at Your Service
SCAT provides door-to-door and curb-to-curb transportation services for persons with disabilities who cannot ride a standard GTA bus. Learn more on the SCAT Web page.
Your Bus is in Your Hands
Need to know the progress of your GTA or HEAT bus? Get real-time information on your smart phone or text-enabled phone. Download the free Transloc Rider app from the Apple or Android app stores or visit the live online map.
Get Heard with Audio Transit Advertising
To complement traditional and specialty display advertising available to the public, GTA is excited to offer Audio Ads. Your 15-second custom message will be heard by more than 82,000 passengers each week. Learn more on our advertising page.