Special Service Announcement
Face coverings are required on all GTA services. This includes GTA fixed routes, SCAT and SCAT I-Ride vehicles, as well as GTA property. Masks are available at the Depot customer service office and from SCAT operators while supplies last.
GTA Customer Service/Waiting Area Renovation Begins Monday
The current customer service and waiting area at the Depot will close at 11 am Monday, August 3 for Phase 1 renovations. During the construction period, the overflow waiting room will be available for use and the customer service office will be relocated temporarily to the former PART office next door.
We want your feedback on COVID19 service
GTA is committed to providing the best service we safely can during the #COVID19 pandemic. As we continue to monitor the changing environment and make adjustments, we would like your feedback on what's been done so far. Please take this short survey.
COVID-19 Service Adjustments
- The GTA Administrative Offices are now open to the public. However, we urge you to use face coverings during your visit and do not visit if you have a fever or are showing other possible COVID-19 symptoms.
- In honor of Greensboro's Safest - our transit operators and support staff who have dedicated themselves to ensure the safe transport of our riders during COVID-19 - we say THANK YOU HEROES!
- Greensboro Transit Agency requires riders on GTA and SCAT and visitors to GTA facilities to Stay Safe...Mask Up! Use face coverings to protect yourself and others.
- GTA fixed-route bus services are operating hourly on Saturday service on 15 routes Monday - Friday 5:15 am to 8:30 pm and Saturday 6 am to 8 pm. Sunday routes will operate normally 6 am to 6 pm. All riders are required to use face coverings on buses. If you don't have a covering, see here for easy directions to make one at home.
- We encourage our riders to travel only if necessary. If you do need to travel, make sure to follow all of the prescribed precautions to help #flattenthecurve . If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please do not travel on GTA, SCAT or SCAT I-Ride.
- For the safety of the operators, we are asking riders to board buses using the rear doors unless a disability prevents from doing so. Also, please remain behind the barrier located behind the bus operator.
- All operating GTA and SCAT buses have been equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers for the safety of our riders and operators. If you must travel, travel safely.
- Effective immediately, GTA and SCAT are operating fare-free. You may board your bus without paying a fare or using a pass. SCAT I-Ride service still requires fare payment.
- All GTA ID Cards and passes for Fixed Route and SCAT services remain available for purchase at the J. Douglas Galyon Depot Customer Service Office located at
236C W. Washington St. Hours of operation are:
Monday- Friday - 5 am to 8 pm
Saturday - 7 am to 7 pm
Sunday - 7 am to 5 pm
For bulk pass purchases by agencies, call 336-373-2634.
- For SCAT I-ride, there is a temporary limit of reservations no more than seven days in advance. Reservations are being taken by the backup call center for 15 days, so you may experience delays in making reservations.
Purchase GTA passes using credit/debit cards
By popular request, you can now purchase GTA and SCAT bus passes with a major credit or debit card at the Depot Customer Service office and GTA Administrative Offices! To use the debit option, the card must feature a Mastercard or Visa logo. For questions, contact Customer Service at 336-335-6499.
Explore Benefits For Your Employees with Commuter Connections!
Commuter Connections is an exciting new partnership with employers to extend transit benefits to their hard-working employees and enjoy tax benefits at the same time. Learn more on the Commuter Connections page and contact us today to offer this perk for travel to work and beyond!
SCAT at Your Service
SCAT provides door-to-door and curb-to-curb transportation services for persons with disabilities who cannot ride a standard GTA bus. Learn more on the SCAT Web page.
Your Bus is in Your Hands
Need to know the progress of your GTA or HEAT bus? Get real-time information on your smart phone or text-enabled phone. Download the free Transloc Rider app from the Apple or Android app stores or visit the live online map.
Get Heard with Audio Transit Advertising
To complement traditional and specialty display advertising available to the public, GTA is excited to offer Audio Ads. Your 15-second custom message will be heard by more than 82,000 passengers each week. Learn more on our advertising page.