Requests for New Service or Bus Stops
The Greensboro Transit Authority is committed to providing the best service possible to its riders. The GTA wants to hear what you have to say about bus stop locations, routes, and schedules!
Where do I start?
All requests should be made in writing and can be mailed, emailed, hand-delivered, or faxed. New service requests should include:
- A letter stating the reason the new service is needed and the location and times of day the service is needed. (Letters from businesses should be on company letterhead.)
- A petition signed by all concerned (optional). The petition should be complete with names, addresses, and phone numbers of those signing.
New bus stop requests should include:
- A letter stating the location of the stop and the reason a new stop is needed.
Requests to remove a bus stop should include:
- A letter stating the location of the stop and the reason it should be removed.
How long does it take?
Once your request is received by GTA, it is reviewed for:
- The feasibility of a service request given current scheduling and vehicle availability
- Safety issues
- The effect your request may have on other riders
The review process requires a minimum of 30 days. For service requests, the process also involves:
- Citizen input through surveys and public meetings
- Ridership surveys
- Impact study
- Public hearing
- Presentation to GTA Board members
What's the next step?
Send your written request for a bus stop or new service to:
Greensboro Transit Authority
223 W. Meadowview Road
Greensboro, NC 27406
E-mail: GTA Planning
If you have any questions or need more information about requesting a new bus stop or transit service, call 336-373-2724. You can also download our brochure.