Greensboro Transit Authority (GTA) is committed to the safety and security of our riders as well as the security of our service fleet and property. While we work closely with law enforcement and private security to monitor and address any issues, security works best when practiced by everyone. Do your part to protect the GTA system and its riders:
- Be aware of the environment around you at all times.
- Limit distractions such as phones and radios.
- Wait in well-lighted areas at night and near other riders. At a bus stop without a shelter, wait under a street light or near a business with a lighted window.
- Report suspicious activity to your driver immediately so he or she can alert the proper authorities by radio.
- Report suspicious packages or anything that seems out of place.
- Keep your valuables secure and watch for pickpockets during crowded conditions.
- If in doubt, report it anyway; better to be safe than sorry.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
Please share any security recommendations you have by contacting us at 373-335-6499. Together, we can keep GTA the Safe Way to Move!