The Greensboro Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) manages the transportation planning process required by federal law. The MPO plans for our area's surface transportation needs, including highways, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian facilities.
The Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) is the MPO’s Policy Board with representatives from City Council, the NC Board of Transportation, the Board of County Commissioners and local town councils.
The Technical Coordinating Committee advises the TAC and is made up of staff from the following agencies: GDOT, Greensboro Transit Authority, Greensboro Planning Department, Guilford County Planning and Development Department, Piedmont Triad International Airport, NC Department of Transportation, and the Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation (PART).
The priorities of the MPO are to:
- Promote the safe and efficient management, operation, and development of transportation systems;
- Serve the mobility needs of people and freight;
- Foster economic growth and development; and
- Minimize the negative effects of transportation, including air pollution.
For more information about the Greensboro MPO, use the links below, or contact GUAMPO staff.
MPO Committees, Meetings, and Administration
All TAC and TCC meetings are open to the public. Use the links below for information on the MPO's committees, meetings, and administration.
- MPO Related Informational Resources
- Public Participation Plan
- Prospectus for Continuing Transportation Planning
- Memorandum of Understanding
MPO Plans and Programs
- Metropolitan Transportation Plan
- Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program
- 2019-2020 Unified Planning Work Program (effective 7/1/2019 through 6/30/2020)
- 2020-2021 Unified Planning Work Program (effective 7/1/2020 through 6/30/2021)
- Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Greenways Plan
- Comprehensive Transportation Plan & Thoroughfare Plan
- Collector Street Plan
- Congestion Management Process
- Coordinated Human Services Transportation Plan
- FY 2020 Program of Projects
- Transportation Projects Update Newsletter
- Fiscal Year 2019 Project Funding Allocations
- Fiscal Year 2018 Project Funding Allocations
- Fiscal Year 2017 Project Funding Allocations