Nonmotorized transportation options are part of a complete transportation network. By walking and bicycling for transportation, you can help cut congestion and reduce air pollution. You also help yourself and the environment by burning calories instead of carbon.
On this site, you can learn more about plans and projects in the area of greenways, bicycle facilities, pedestrian facilities, and Safe Routes to School. You can also find out about our award-winning BiPed Plan, get tips on bicycle safety, request a bike map, and more.
Our goals for bicycle planning include:
- promoting bicycle travel
- identifying and authorizing bicycle facility improvements
- enhancing bicycle mobility and access
- promoting safe bicycling.
Similarly, our goals for pedestrian planning include:
- promoting pedestrian travel
- identifying and authorizing needed improvements to pedestrian facilities
- enhancing pedestrian mobility and access
- promoting safe walking.
City residents can report maintenance issues on streets and sidewalks using this form (on the form, click on Streets, Signs, or Signals).
If you have a question regarding bicycle and pedestrian planning and you can't find the answer here, let us know!