Melvin Municipal Office Building (City Hall) is temporarily closed to the public due to COVID-19 concerns.

Exception: Water bill payments and new service requests can be made at City Hall from 10 am to 3 pm weekdays.

Questions? Call 336-373-CITY (2489).

Customer Service for Residents and Businesses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Billing Notification

Customers will not receive a separate notice in the mail about water and sewer delinquency status. Account delinquency information will be noted on regular monthly bills. Customers with a past due amount of more than $10 will receive a pink notice that explains the delinquent status, penalties, and payment instructions. Customers will not receive any additional notification in the mail before water services are terminated. View example delinquent notice and regular monthly bill notice.

New! Pay your city water bill over the phone!

New Water Service
To obtain water and sewer service, an application/Solicitud en Español must be completed for each location where water is requested. Both owners and tenants must pay a $15 non-refundable service charge. In addition, residential tenants must pay a $150 deposit ($165 total). Owners may be able to sign up over the phone. Please call 336-373-CITY (2489) for more details.

Applications may be filled out at the J. Edward Kitchen Operations Center, 2602 S. Elm-Eugene St. A picture ID is required along with a second form of personal identification. If you are a tenant, you must bring the name and address of your landlord. Applications may also be mailed with a check for the service charge (and deposit if you are the tenant). Water Resources requests a one-day notice of water cut-on. Allow three to five days if the application and payment are sent by mail.

Solicitud en Español

Requesting Disconnection of Water Service
To disconnect and take water service out of your name, you may call 336-373-CITY (2489) to terminate the account. You will be asked to give the address where water service is being stopped, the date you want the water turned off and read for the final bill, and a forwarding address. The new address will be used to receive the final bill, and possibly a credit refund check. If you are a tenant, the deposit you paid when you started your service will be applied to the final bill. If there is any credit left over, it will be mailed to the forwarding address you provide. You may also use your Premium Access account to request a disconnection (online payment).

If you are disconnecting service at the same time you are signing up for new service in the greater Greensboro area, please be sure to include at the bottom of the application your previous address and the date you want the water turned off at that location. Any final bills or possible refunds will be mailed to the new location where you are signing up for service. For any questions, please call 336-373-CITY (2489).

The $15 non-refundable service charge will be waived for landlords with rental property who complete the CIS Landlord Form.

Office Address
J. Edward Kitchen Operations Center (map)
2602 S. Elm-Eugene St.
Greensboro, NC 27406
Hours: Mondays-Fridays, 8 am to 5 pm
336-373-2489 (CITY)

Learn More About
Water conservation
Miscellaneous water and sewer charges
Industrial pretreatment