Bond funds will be used to buy, build, improve or otherwise equip City parks and recreation facilities.
- Barber Park / Gateway Gardens ... $4,500,000
- Gateway Garden's Visitors Center
- Completing Phase III of Barber Park
- Interior improvements for Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion
- Community Tennis Improvements ... $3,000,000
- System-wide court enhancements for more than 30 tennis courts
- Land Acquisition, Community Recreation Centers and Neighborhood Park Improvements (includes Bryan Park) ... $6,000,000
- Strategically acquiring land for opportunities of development, conservation and preservation
- Battleground Parks District Initial Development ... $5,000,000
- Strategic design, construction and space activation methods to maximize the City's return on investments, while leveraging private dollars to create a multi-night entertainment destination for residents and tourists. The project includes an amphitheater, entertainment facilities and promenade.
- Downtown Greenway Phase 4 (Including Ole Asheboro Connector) ... $7,000,000
- Construction of approximately 1-mile, western section
- Atlantic &Yadkin Greenway ... $7,000,000
- This project is for the construction and extension of the approximately two mile segment of the Atlantic & Yadkin (A&Y) Greenway to connect the Downtown Greenway.
- Windsor/Chavis Joint Facility Initial Development ... $2,000,000
- Phase I design and construction of a new, joint-use facility combining Windsor Community Recreation Center and the Chavis Branch Library